Netflix Movie Fans

I have not been able to find a way.

Views: 11816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks. How hard can it really be for a competent Netflix programmer to find a way to delete such secondary accounts? I have to wonder if the ability to do this is actually on its way.
They're incompetent programmers when they try to take profiles away, and they're incompetent programmers when they don't!
I don't think I meant to imply that the programmers are incompetent. What I am saying is that, assuming they're capable, then I don't think anyone is really working that hard on this particular feature. It just doesn't seem like it should be that hard to accomplish, to allow the main profile or administrator of an account to create and delete secondary profiles.
The ability to delete a secondary account profile has been a "feature" they have been "working on" for several years. I imagine that it is little more than writing a small SQL code to go in and delete that entry, but it seemingly can not be done. I have seen other comments on other websites all the way back to 2005 on this.

I would not hold my breath thinking that Netflix is going to implement this any time soon.
I may miss out on some important thing here, but does it really matter? If the profile is inactive, has no movies in the queue, is assigned no DVD's, does it make that much difference whether it exists or not?
But you can "just" go in and clear all the ratings of that profile. Or mark all rented and rated movies as private and you're right as rain.

(I use the word "just" to illustrate the mental ease with which it can be done, knowing full well that it may represent a lot of work to change possibly thousands of ratings.)
Maybe it's the simple pain of seeing/being reminded of that "cute" name and avatar of someone you now loathe with a blinding white-hot fury?

I would be able to overcome this by changing the name/avatar/password, locking the number of rentals at zero, and hiding the ratings by turning the profile "private." It might even be cathartic.
Exactly. While I can see why it would be nice to be able to get rid of a profile, I don't see any urgency.
Because now my mother who has moved can't open her own account.
She can't use another email address or use a different credit card number?
Secondary profiles don't submit credit card info...
She currently has one e-mail address, so for a company as committed to ease-of-use as Netflix, this strikes me as unacceptable.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

neuhaushelen left a comment for neuhaushelen
45 minutes ago
Profile Iconneuhaushelen, kellysbrowner, aaliabadr and 3 more joined Netflix Movie Fans
59 minutes ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
1 hour ago
marjoriegtravis left a comment for marjoriegtravis
1 hour ago
Ando replied to Ando's discussion 'Prince Rogers Nelson' in the group Music
"Around The World in a Day is not an album I revisit but I do like the artwork... . and the song, Tamborine."
4 hours ago
eviltimes left a comment for ¿Mr. Bad?
"Happy Birthday, Guy!"
8 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Chieko Kawabe - Be Your Girl"
9 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"I'm temporarily blind - I'll have to use my tongue."
13 hours ago
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"I recall seeing that on TV ages ago when I was perhaps 13. I was impressed but doubt I'd enjoy it now."
14 hours ago
danram replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Pit and the Pendulum is definitely the best of Corman and Poe"
15 hours ago
Mimi shared a profile on Facebook
15 hours ago
Mimi joined The Bumbles's group
Thumbnail

What's The Name of That Movie? SOLVED Archive

ARCHIVE of all SOLVED movies from the What's The Name of That Movie? group discussions.No Discussions here.
15 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service