Netflix Movie Fans

I have not been able to find a way.

Views: 12405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks. How hard can it really be for a competent Netflix programmer to find a way to delete such secondary accounts? I have to wonder if the ability to do this is actually on its way.
They're incompetent programmers when they try to take profiles away, and they're incompetent programmers when they don't!
I don't think I meant to imply that the programmers are incompetent. What I am saying is that, assuming they're capable, then I don't think anyone is really working that hard on this particular feature. It just doesn't seem like it should be that hard to accomplish, to allow the main profile or administrator of an account to create and delete secondary profiles.
The ability to delete a secondary account profile has been a "feature" they have been "working on" for several years. I imagine that it is little more than writing a small SQL code to go in and delete that entry, but it seemingly can not be done. I have seen other comments on other websites all the way back to 2005 on this.

I would not hold my breath thinking that Netflix is going to implement this any time soon.
I may miss out on some important thing here, but does it really matter? If the profile is inactive, has no movies in the queue, is assigned no DVD's, does it make that much difference whether it exists or not?
But you can "just" go in and clear all the ratings of that profile. Or mark all rented and rated movies as private and you're right as rain.

(I use the word "just" to illustrate the mental ease with which it can be done, knowing full well that it may represent a lot of work to change possibly thousands of ratings.)
Maybe it's the simple pain of seeing/being reminded of that "cute" name and avatar of someone you now loathe with a blinding white-hot fury?

I would be able to overcome this by changing the name/avatar/password, locking the number of rentals at zero, and hiding the ratings by turning the profile "private." It might even be cathartic.
Exactly. While I can see why it would be nice to be able to get rid of a profile, I don't see any urgency.
Because now my mother who has moved can't open her own account.
She can't use another email address or use a different credit card number?
Secondary profiles don't submit credit card info...
She currently has one e-mail address, so for a company as committed to ease-of-use as Netflix, this strikes me as unacceptable.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Oh, yes.  Horse or not - giddy up!"
4 hours ago
Don Wilson is now a member of Netflix Movie Fans
4 hours ago
Ando replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Humoresque (1946) Wealthy socialite, Joan Crawford, falls for poor, young, violinist, John Garfield. Isaac Stern's beautiful playing, Oscar Levant's wonderful turn as Garfield's lifetime buddy and fellow artiste, classic 40s black…"
5 hours ago
Nerves replied to Ando's discussion 'Peeping Tom (Powell, 1960)' in the group Criterion Fun
"Regarding the German accent: Karlheinz Böhm, who plays Mark Lewis, was Austrian (he just passed away this May). He was the son of the famous conductor Karl Böhm. Sounds a bit like Peter Lorre, doesn't he? "
10 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Yeah, it pains me to see the money Criterion wastes at times.  Oh well."
11 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Beatles - Only a Northern Song"
11 hours ago
Ando replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Well, if the theme you first mentioned, namely, deciphering the unconcious minds of people, was at the forefront - or, at least, weaved perceptively into the narrative of Peeping Tom it may have been a clearer film. As it is it's a…"
11 hours ago
Ando replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Bix Beiderbecke - Clarinet Marmalade"
17 hours ago
Ando replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Ella Fitzgerald - Don't Get Around Much Anymore"
17 hours ago
"Arthur Rubinstein - Mozart Piano Concerto 23, A Maj. iTunes stuck on this one."
17 hours ago
Ando replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'Football 2014-2015: who is ready?!?' in the group Netflix Fantasy Football
"Yep, smack talking is fun. It's the one area of life where silence is a drag!  To me competing in a silent league is like going to the ballpark of your favorite team where everyone is watching and keeping score - but no one is…"
17 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy)"
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service