Netflix Movie Fans

I find that most drug movies are pretty good. I dont know if its due to the ease of being able to relate to the extremely human emotions and vulnerability exhibited by the drug user or something else.
The more comedic drug movies are most likely made funnier because everything is funny when you are high.

Here are some of my favorites in the dramatic genre:
Blow
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Requiem for a Dream
Spun

The funny ones I enjoy are the following:
Smiley Face
Halfbaked

what are some suggestions of other ones, im more interested in the drama drug movies.

Tags: best, comedy, drama, drug, drugs, favorites, suggestions

Views: 16996

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK, before I piss off any fellow Bostonians, I appreciate that we have the HFA and the Brattle theater.
Well, that's something at least.

And I don't want to brag again (okay, yes I do), but we also have The Bagdad Theater and Pub, in addition to at least four more beer-drinkin' theaters and the Northwest Film Center.

And we're also closer to B.C. :)-~
B.C. is just a state of mind!

A really enjoyable state.
You got that right, my friend.

My name isn't Cheeba for nothin'. ;)
I second "Trainspotting" as a memorable Drugie flick.

There was also a movie called "Cash Crop" that dealt with sales of marijuana and cultivation. It starred... James Vanderbeek

That's the most flattering picture I've seen of him yet.
jeez his head is freakishly big...i bet its filled with nothing but ketchup.
His bangs look like curly fries.
Wikipedia has a nice reference list available for drug movies.
Well, we( me, so far ) were just talking about Idle Hands, in the Picture Movie Game Volume 2 thread.

Anton (Devon Sawa) is so busy getting stoned that he barely notices his parents have been slaughtered by an unknown demonic force that's possessed his own right hand. But when Anton decides to chop off his evil appendage, the disembodied digits go on a bloody killing spree. Rodman Flender directs this gory teenage horror flick co-starring Seth Green, Vivica A. Fox, Elden Henson, Fred Willard, Jessica Alba and Jack Noseworthy.

It's got Jessica Alba in it..
It's got Jessica Alba in it..

Not a selling point. Invisible Girl can't act. LOL
it's not the acting we're admiring

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"Lola (1981)Fassbinder wanted to remake Josef von Sternberg's 'The Blue Angel' (1930) and asked one of his collaborators, Peter Märthesheimer, to write a screenplay. Fassbinder's notion was to do a shot by shot…"
4 hours ago
pisces replied to pisces's discussion 'NEED HELP PLEASE!!' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"Hi, I looked up the description for 'Shuttle', especially the description of the end of the movie.  You are right.  It is Shuttle.  Thank you for responding to my question."
9 hours ago
pisces replied to pisces's discussion 'NEED HELP PLEASE!!' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"Hi, I looked up the description for 'Shuttle', especially the description of the end of the movie.  You are sooooo right.  It is Shuttle.  Thank you so much."
9 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
13 hours ago
13 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Maaya Sakamoto  -  Yakusoku wa Inanai"
14 hours ago
" "
yesterday
yesterday
" "
yesterday
yesterday