Netflix Movie Fans

I started this topic before but didn't get any help...
when I click play, it promts me to install a window media component for playback. I click install and it starts downloading, but then says that it can't upgrade the component. I have the latest windows media player and I use enternet explorer. WHy? what should I do? I use vista and I think version 11 wmp... i m going to try to call the support but I was on hold for too long ...

Views: 616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just called- about 1 minute wait time. Try now. - 800-279-5688
What's the wait time now?
Call and you'll find out.
if you have a firewall or some kind of security software on your computer, disable it and try again...might work
"I started this topic before but didn't get any help..."

Why would you think repeating the same question would yield different results?

You should call tech support. If the hold time is long for some reason, make sure you're calling the correct number (there's a different number for WI) so at least you're waiting in only one support queue and not two.

And if you want to be a good Netflix community member, you can post back here with the solution, if there is one, to help other members who might have the same problem.

Good luck!
Well, I called and here it is : i have two computers, so it doesn't let me play on the second one, only on the original one... so that is why it wouldn't let me :( sad though... i hate when they limit it to only one computer...
sad though... i hate when they limit it to only one computer...

That is not accurate.

I have 2 PCs...both can run instant movies with no problem. One of the PCs even has that POS that is Vista as its OS.

You just can't have 2 movie windows open simultaneously. Or I presume you can't watch 2 different movies simultaneously on different computers from 1 account. But I've never actually tried to test the latter.
From NF's help section:

Some membership plans allow you to watch simultaneously on more than one PC at the same time (for example, watching a movie on your laptop while another family member watches on a PC in another room ).

1-disc plans may watch on one device at a time, 2-disc plans on up to two devices at the same time, 3-disc plans on up to three devices, and plans with four or more discs on up to four devices simultaneously.

In addition, due to requirements from content providers, there's a limit to the number of unique devices each account can use to watch instantly over the course of a year. Each Netflix account may watch instantly on up to four unique PCs over the course of 12 months.

Hope this helps! :)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Dig-Me-Up replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"There has been a lot of water hitting the ground in West Virginia too. "
1 hour ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
2 hours ago
macroman replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Straw Dogs: Bonus Material (1971)=This is the companion disk to the ORIGINAL Straw Dogs film and is a fairly good complement to the famous movie.  While the film contains numerous intense scenes, the bonus disk has a relaxed, easygoing pace and…"
2 hours ago
Dig-Me-Up replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014-15' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"I think in all of the versions of the story where Harvey Dent becomes Two Face it is where Batman is unable to save him,. I think. And I imagine that there will be the death scenes of Bruce Wayne's parents at some point. But a young kid of a…"
2 hours ago
Knaldskalle replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'New 14-15 discussion group' in the group Netflix Fantasy Football
"I dunno 'bout you, but I always eat my Wheaties with no shit."
3 hours ago
David replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014-15' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"I have to admit it sounds a bit dubious.  A bit like Roddenberry wanting a Star Trek where everything is positive and everyone got along in a utopian galaxy.   Though it might yield some interesting episodes.  Over in Beware the…"
4 hours ago
Profile IconGrammy, CC and Lucky joined Netflix Movie Fans
4 hours ago
Dig-Me-Up replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014-15' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"I will watch it too. But it already sounds like a somewhat bad idea. Pre-batman Gotham city. With a young troubled Bruce Wayne and Commissioner Gordon dealing with villains before they turn into super villains? ...What's next,. an early Batman…"
10 hours ago
David replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014-15' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"Thanks Baff.  I'll tune into Gotham, hope it's above average.  I've caught a few episodes of Beware the Batman off the Cartoon Channel, on Saturdays.  It comes on late here around 1:30am or so, but done pretty well,…"
11 hours ago
David replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Shaft--Who's the private dick to all the chicks?  Shaft.  Damn right.  1970's Richard Roundtree in titular role, still a fun movie and good soundtrack.  The Omen, Omen II, and The Final Conflict: Omen III--the further…"
11 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
11 hours ago
Baff replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014-15' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"Extant season ended, probably canceled, but unknown yet. Gotham new show starts Monday. Sleepy Hollow season starts Monday. Forever new show starts Monday, then 2nd episode on Tuesday (its regular night). S.H.I.E.L.D. season starts Tuesday. Person…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service