Netflix Movie Fans

Currently only my queue has the ability to watch instantly. My son is the only one who uses that feature and I have to log in for him. Is there a way to enable it on his account? The way it is now, he watches and then rates on mine and I'd rather have it on his. I don't like watching films on the computer.

Tags: instant, instant view, multiple queues, play, second queue, watch now

Views: 2832

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just joined netflix and set up two accounts. One for me and one for my kids with the pg13 setting. We are streaming movies to our PS3. However, I am having trouble with parental controls with the instant que. (I do have parental controls set up on the PS3 as well). When I stream a rated R movie to the instant Q (because we are only allowed to stream via the main account) my kids can watch the rated R movie. Per a netflix support person, I switched my account (the main account) to PG 13 and netflix did ask for the password to add a rated R movie to the instant watch. However, once it is in there, anyone can watch it. Is there a way to have either the PS3 or Netflix ask for a password when a rated R movies is already in the instant Q? Parental controls shouldn't be so difficult to set up!
I agree. My plan was to give my daughters their own sub-account and only put movies I'll allow them to watch (or base it on ratings) in their account. What's the point of having a subaccount if they will have to log into mine?

I hope people who are having issues read my post, even Netflix doesn't have an answer for why mine works this way...

Here's my scenario. Had Netflix 3 at a time with one additional profile for my son. I set up the profile so when we could log in to that profile on the Apple TV and he'd only have access to movies rated PG. It has worked up until a couple days ago.

Recently I had switched to the stream only account. (This may be the problem) A few days ago my sons Apple TV stopped working and I couldn't log in.

After finding out stream only accounts can't have profiles, I switched to the cheapest disc plan, and suddenly the profile started working again.

I was on the phone trying to troubleshoot this- but Netflix acted like I was crazy when I told them I had one Apple TV logged in as the profile and the other as the normal account. It worked. Stopped working about 2 months after switching to stream only, and worked immediately after switching back to a 1 disc plan.

Sorry this post may not make sense- tired and just signed up to get this message out. There is hope- but no guarantee.

Shoot me a message if you have questions about this. It works again!

I can verify that if you switch to the streaming only plan, all of your sub-profiles will be nullified. No queue, no add to queue, no Instant Watch, no nuthin'.  Switch back to a one-out disc plan and all will be as it was, and all sub-profile disc queues will be restored. You should no longer be able to stream from any any profile other than the main one, but you can have disc queues in up to 5 profiles.

You're not supposed to be able to stream from more than 5 or so devices, though I am currently able to use 7 different devices.

I'm able to stream from the main account as well as the additional profile added, the way it should be. When I switched to the stream only account the subprofile did stop working (eventually). Now back on 1 at a time and it works as before.
Well, the way it should be and the way it is are two different things. You shouldn't be able to stream to a subprofile, only the main profile, that's probably why the Netflix CSR's are so befuddled.

I have 3 profiles setup so i can have them send me 3 movies at a time, one for movies, one for series, one for documentries.  now in order to see what movies and series that are in my secondary lists are available streaming, i have to put them in my main list, thats is just stupid~!!! 

and the copyright comments i don't believe. if i can just add all the shows into my main list that are in my secondary lists, whats the difference???  its a pain in the buttox. not everyone uses different profiles for different people.

right now, if im not watching my lists properly, they can send me dvds of movies from my second and third list that are available streaming, but i dont know it until i am browsing instant and see it.

plain and simple,

C A L L   N E T F L I X  --  i just did.  We as customers ARE netflix,  without customers, netflix does not make money!

if enough of their customers have a problem and take up enough of their phone time, they WILL find a way to fix it.  they are really nice on the phone and can phone 24/7. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Oh, yes.  Horse or not - giddy up!"
4 hours ago
Don Wilson is now a member of Netflix Movie Fans
4 hours ago
Ando replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Humoresque (1946) Wealthy socialite, Joan Crawford, falls for poor, young, violinist, John Garfield. Isaac Stern's beautiful playing, Oscar Levant's wonderful turn as Garfield's lifetime buddy and fellow artiste, classic 40s black…"
5 hours ago
Nerves replied to Ando's discussion 'Peeping Tom (Powell, 1960)' in the group Criterion Fun
"Regarding the German accent: Karlheinz Böhm, who plays Mark Lewis, was Austrian (he just passed away this May). He was the son of the famous conductor Karl Böhm. Sounds a bit like Peter Lorre, doesn't he? "
10 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Yeah, it pains me to see the money Criterion wastes at times.  Oh well."
11 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Beatles - Only a Northern Song"
11 hours ago
Ando replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Well, if the theme you first mentioned, namely, deciphering the unconcious minds of people, was at the forefront - or, at least, weaved perceptively into the narrative of Peeping Tom it may have been a clearer film. As it is it's a…"
11 hours ago
Ando replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Bix Beiderbecke - Clarinet Marmalade"
17 hours ago
Ando replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Ella Fitzgerald - Don't Get Around Much Anymore"
17 hours ago
"Arthur Rubinstein - Mozart Piano Concerto 23, A Maj. iTunes stuck on this one."
17 hours ago
Ando replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'Football 2014-2015: who is ready?!?' in the group Netflix Fantasy Football
"Yep, smack talking is fun. It's the one area of life where silence is a drag!  To me competing in a silent league is like going to the ballpark of your favorite team where everyone is watching and keeping score - but no one is…"
17 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy)"
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service