Netflix Movie Fans

I have tried to use My Queue.  I doesn't work.  Is it because I am in Canada?  I'd love to be able to just click on a movie or TV show or documentary and have it instantly queued up on a list...but this option doesn't seem to exist.  Any advice Movie Fans?

Views: 7115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about your queue not working. And you Canadians only have the Instant Watch deal, right?

Could you show us a screen shot of your movie page? Does it have an "add" button? Or just a "watch" button?

I'm curious.
For example, here is a movie page with "add" and "watch" buttons in the upper right corner.

What happens when you click "add"?

Also, at the bottom of that movie page, there is a link that says "contact us." Click it and call the customer service number that appears.
My page does not look like that. I do not have the tabs on the top left that you have. Bizarre.
I think this is because the netflix.ca website is different from the US version. In Canada Netflix offers streaming only, so maybe they didn't bother with setting up a queue?

Hi Beeswax. Thanks for the reply. Here is a shot of a typical screen I see when I click on a movie. Is this what you see in the USA?
I don't see a screen shot, but that could just be me.
I don't see the screen shot, either.

So, MML, do you have a "play" button and an "add to instant queue" button? If so, please do call customer service and ask what the deal is with things not showing up in your queue.
OK. This is strange. I am looking at the conversation thread, and I can see the screenshot I uploaded, but no one else can. I feel like the kid that sees dead people. ha ha. I am guessing that the Canadian set-up is very basic and will get features as the service matures up here. Beeswax, my page lloks like yours, but I do not have the tabs at the top left of the screen. So I do not have the following tabs: Watch Instantly, Browse DVDs, Your Queue, Movies You'll Love...and it makes some sense...as Canada is not getting home DVD delivery..so maybe Netflix is working up a different interface for denizens of The Great White North.
Here's what I see higher on the page:

Knaldskalle. It's not just you. No one, but me it seems. is seeing the screenshot I uploaded. I suspect Netflix.ca is going through some early glitches. For example; I tried to watch a documentary tonight and ended up with some David Duchovny movie..which turned out to be not too bad actually.
I do not have the same screen-look you Americans have. Probably because we do not get home delivery of DVDs in Canada. Which is cool. But I want to have better management capabilities of content so I really want the darn queuing to work. I suspect Netflix.ca will get things in order...or is the just naive Canadianism?
I want to have better management capabilities of content so I really want the darn queuing to work.

We've had other people here who didn't have an IW queue either. Seems it was an experiment Netflix perpetrated on a select segment of customers. It wasn't popular, at least not among the ones who came here.

Maybe Netflix decided to do the same to Canadians?
Not sure how, but I can see the OP's screen grab on my iPad. Here is what it looks like:

It looks like there is no IW queue for Canadian users, though. If you check out the comments on the Netflix blog, a lot of the Canadian users have already been lamenting the fact that there is no IW queue for their version. Sorry, OP.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Ando replied to Ando's discussion 'Toni Morrison' in the group book tv
"Back in the 90s C-SPAN's BookTV hosted various "major" authors in a series of weekends of 3 hour sessions each. Though they were all intriguing Toni's was one of my favorites. "
3 hours ago
eviltimes joined Ando's group
Thumbnail

book tv

Authors of all persuasions at the podium and/or in conversation.See More
6 hours ago
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"A Tale of Two Worlds(1921)A little girl is brought to America and raised as a Chinese by her American parent’s loyal Chinese servant after they are killed in a riot in China. This is pretty much formula early 20’s thriller/romance stuff.…"
7 hours ago
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"The 'High Sign' (1921)Buster Keaton filmed this in 1920 but was dissatisfied with it and ended up releasing it in 1921 when an accident prevented him from completing another film he was working on. Keaton's character is a bit…"
10 hours ago
Cathexis joined meow meow's group
Thumbnail

Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum

The Sci-Fi spot for fans of all kinds of Science Fiction to discuss films, TV shows, directors, outer space or time travel, aliens, androids, strange, dystopian, or apocalyptic scenarios, future films, zombies, monsters, action, horror & more.
10 hours ago
Inspektah Capuana replied to joseph's discussion 'Best nude movie scene?'
"HAWT."
14 hours ago
Profile Iconmarshalronald and Donna joined Netflix Movie Fans
15 hours ago
joseph replied to joseph's discussion 'Best nude movie scene?'
"how about scarlett johansson scene in under the skin?? i just watched the movie and loved these scenes.. "
22 hours ago
MrsG replied to KPNY's discussion 'Please help me figure out the name of this movie!!' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"The only movie that comes to me is about giant spiders.  It was a office building and sort of funny.  Like the military came out to this one building to kill giant spiders - forgive me for not knowing the exact name but hope this will help…"
23 hours ago
KPNY replied to KPNY's discussion 'Please help me figure out the name of this movie!!' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"It is! I figured it out last night even though I got so many things wrong. It's Spanish and not British and there's no poisonous gas. Woops. Thank you for the response. I'm definitely going to check it out"
yesterday
Bilgemaster replied to MrsG's discussion 'Can't Wait to Find out the Name!' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"I think I may have already pegged this one for somebody back in December: Reply by Bilgemaster on December 29, 2014 at 4:15pm Delete Your description sounds like the British film "Lighthouse" described at…"
yesterday
Bilgemaster replied to KPNY's discussion 'Please help me figure out the name of this movie!!' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"It sounds to me like you could be describing the Spanish film "The Last Days" ("Los últimos días"), which is a wonderful film available as a "streamer" on Netflix. "
yesterday

© 2015   Created by eviltimes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service