Netflix Movie Fans

I have tried to use My Queue.  I doesn't work.  Is it because I am in Canada?  I'd love to be able to just click on a movie or TV show or documentary and have it instantly queued up on a list...but this option doesn't seem to exist.  Any advice Movie Fans?

Views: 6986

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about your queue not working. And you Canadians only have the Instant Watch deal, right?

Could you show us a screen shot of your movie page? Does it have an "add" button? Or just a "watch" button?

I'm curious.
For example, here is a movie page with "add" and "watch" buttons in the upper right corner.

What happens when you click "add"?

Also, at the bottom of that movie page, there is a link that says "contact us." Click it and call the customer service number that appears.
My page does not look like that. I do not have the tabs on the top left that you have. Bizarre.
I think this is because the netflix.ca website is different from the US version. In Canada Netflix offers streaming only, so maybe they didn't bother with setting up a queue?

Hi Beeswax. Thanks for the reply. Here is a shot of a typical screen I see when I click on a movie. Is this what you see in the USA?
I don't see a screen shot, but that could just be me.
I don't see the screen shot, either.

So, MML, do you have a "play" button and an "add to instant queue" button? If so, please do call customer service and ask what the deal is with things not showing up in your queue.
OK. This is strange. I am looking at the conversation thread, and I can see the screenshot I uploaded, but no one else can. I feel like the kid that sees dead people. ha ha. I am guessing that the Canadian set-up is very basic and will get features as the service matures up here. Beeswax, my page lloks like yours, but I do not have the tabs at the top left of the screen. So I do not have the following tabs: Watch Instantly, Browse DVDs, Your Queue, Movies You'll Love...and it makes some sense...as Canada is not getting home DVD delivery..so maybe Netflix is working up a different interface for denizens of The Great White North.
Here's what I see higher on the page:

Knaldskalle. It's not just you. No one, but me it seems. is seeing the screenshot I uploaded. I suspect Netflix.ca is going through some early glitches. For example; I tried to watch a documentary tonight and ended up with some David Duchovny movie..which turned out to be not too bad actually.
I do not have the same screen-look you Americans have. Probably because we do not get home delivery of DVDs in Canada. Which is cool. But I want to have better management capabilities of content so I really want the darn queuing to work. I suspect Netflix.ca will get things in order...or is the just naive Canadianism?
I want to have better management capabilities of content so I really want the darn queuing to work.

We've had other people here who didn't have an IW queue either. Seems it was an experiment Netflix perpetrated on a select segment of customers. It wasn't popular, at least not among the ones who came here.

Maybe Netflix decided to do the same to Canadians?
Not sure how, but I can see the OP's screen grab on my iPad. Here is what it looks like:

It looks like there is no IW queue for Canadian users, though. If you check out the comments on the Netflix blog, a lot of the Canadian users have already been lamenting the fact that there is no IW queue for their version. Sorry, OP.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Three Sisters (1970)Based on a theatre production that Laurence Olivier directed at the Royal National Theatre in 1967, the film is little more than a record of the stage production. Nearly three hours of bored, miserable people looking for a…"
22 minutes ago
David left a comment for Dig-Me-Up
"Ok, thanks for the head's up.  I might give it a try, though I have to admit my expectations are pretty low. :P  Most average TV to me is pretty abysmal.  I thought The Strain was going to be good, but it's so far, pretty…"
1 hour ago
Ando replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Nice, slow, soulful take. Still partial to Mccan's, tho. :-) "
2 hours ago
David replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Here's a podcast on films if interested.  Are there any you listen too?  http://podcastpickle.com/ They were covering surreal films as well."
4 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Ghost in the Shell ARISE Border 3 Ghost Tears     2014   NR   59 min   JP   EN subs   8/10 Part 3 of 4 in the prequel to the GITS:SAC series. As the Major and the rest of what will become Section…"
6 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Tubes - Don't Want to Wait Anymore"
6 hours ago
Dig-Me-Up left a comment for David
"Extant is on tonight at 9 PM. Just a reminder. http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/extant/tv-listings/580829 ; "
7 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Oh, yes.  Horse or not - giddy up!"
14 hours ago
Don Wilson is now a member of Netflix Movie Fans
14 hours ago
Ando replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Humoresque (1946) Wealthy socialite, Joan Crawford, falls for poor, young, violinist, John Garfield. Isaac Stern's beautiful playing, Oscar Levant's wonderful turn as Garfield's lifetime buddy and fellow artiste, classic 40s black…"
15 hours ago
Nerves replied to Ando's discussion 'Peeping Tom (Powell, 1960)' in the group Criterion Fun
"Regarding the German accent: Karlheinz Böhm, who plays Mark Lewis, was Austrian (he just passed away this May). He was the son of the famous conductor Karl Böhm. Sounds a bit like Peter Lorre, doesn't he? "
20 hours ago
"Yeah, it pains me to see the money Criterion wastes at times.  Oh well."
21 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service