Netflix Movie Fans

I have tried to use My Queue.  I doesn't work.  Is it because I am in Canada?  I'd love to be able to just click on a movie or TV show or documentary and have it instantly queued up on a list...but this option doesn't seem to exist.  Any advice Movie Fans?

Views: 7010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about your queue not working. And you Canadians only have the Instant Watch deal, right?

Could you show us a screen shot of your movie page? Does it have an "add" button? Or just a "watch" button?

I'm curious.
For example, here is a movie page with "add" and "watch" buttons in the upper right corner.

What happens when you click "add"?

Also, at the bottom of that movie page, there is a link that says "contact us." Click it and call the customer service number that appears.
My page does not look like that. I do not have the tabs on the top left that you have. Bizarre.
I think this is because the netflix.ca website is different from the US version. In Canada Netflix offers streaming only, so maybe they didn't bother with setting up a queue?

Hi Beeswax. Thanks for the reply. Here is a shot of a typical screen I see when I click on a movie. Is this what you see in the USA?
I don't see a screen shot, but that could just be me.
I don't see the screen shot, either.

So, MML, do you have a "play" button and an "add to instant queue" button? If so, please do call customer service and ask what the deal is with things not showing up in your queue.
OK. This is strange. I am looking at the conversation thread, and I can see the screenshot I uploaded, but no one else can. I feel like the kid that sees dead people. ha ha. I am guessing that the Canadian set-up is very basic and will get features as the service matures up here. Beeswax, my page lloks like yours, but I do not have the tabs at the top left of the screen. So I do not have the following tabs: Watch Instantly, Browse DVDs, Your Queue, Movies You'll Love...and it makes some sense...as Canada is not getting home DVD delivery..so maybe Netflix is working up a different interface for denizens of The Great White North.
Here's what I see higher on the page:

Knaldskalle. It's not just you. No one, but me it seems. is seeing the screenshot I uploaded. I suspect Netflix.ca is going through some early glitches. For example; I tried to watch a documentary tonight and ended up with some David Duchovny movie..which turned out to be not too bad actually.
I do not have the same screen-look you Americans have. Probably because we do not get home delivery of DVDs in Canada. Which is cool. But I want to have better management capabilities of content so I really want the darn queuing to work. I suspect Netflix.ca will get things in order...or is the just naive Canadianism?
I want to have better management capabilities of content so I really want the darn queuing to work.

We've had other people here who didn't have an IW queue either. Seems it was an experiment Netflix perpetrated on a select segment of customers. It wasn't popular, at least not among the ones who came here.

Maybe Netflix decided to do the same to Canadians?
Not sure how, but I can see the OP's screen grab on my iPad. Here is what it looks like:

It looks like there is no IW queue for Canadian users, though. If you check out the comments on the Netflix blog, a lot of the Canadian users have already been lamenting the fact that there is no IW queue for their version. Sorry, OP.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

David replied to David's discussion 'Currently watching' in the group Television
"Wondered if anyone had watched ReGenesis?  You can find and watch it online here."
2 hours ago
David replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
3 hours ago
David replied to David's discussion 'Currently watching' in the group Television
"I generally turn to PBS as my default.  A lot of people might find it boring, I don't know, but for me, it can be informing and entertaining.  Sometimes the topics are historical, tonight's topics are about--Cuba missile…"
3 hours ago
eviltimes replied to David's discussion 'Currently watching' in the group Television
"Sad.  There is so little on TV these days."
7 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
9 hours ago
"The Strain got better, but it's gone back to mediocre."
12 hours ago
David replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'And the 2014 Emmy goes to...' in the group Television
"I missed it, don't know what I was doing that night?  But good write-up.  Wasn't Seth Myers host?  I'm not a huge fan."
12 hours ago
David replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"My Left Foot--re-watch off TCM, and still a good movie about the Irish writer/artist's family life and cerebral palsy."
12 hours ago
David replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"T. Rex-Beard of Stars, really prefer their early folk psych daze before their glam rock period..."
12 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Yoko Kanno  - Terror In Resonance OST RIP Jimi Jamison"
14 hours ago
Profile IconDes and Banjojudy joined Netflix Movie Fans
15 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
" "
yesterday

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service