Netflix Movie Fans

http://blog.netflix.com/2011/09/explanation-and-some-reflections.html

[post script Mon morning]

If you're in the mood, this is more the way i feel that Reed's letter should have sounded. What's your feedback on it -- better? worse? 

http://droidmaker.blogspot.com/2011/09/netflix-post-that-reed-shoul...

Views: 5121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good find.  I just might have to pass this along.  ;)
Good one!
Priceless!

I pushed the button. Expected a fart sound, but works just as well.

Looks like it's leveled out near the 130 mark, where they've been saying for a long time the fair value should be. Probably pretty precariously perched there tough. Now, if they'll just deliver movies for a while and stop changing and apologizing it all can get back to normal.

I pushed the button, too! Was my smile for the day . . .  :)
The only good that can come out of this is if someone else does buy Quikster (still can't get over that name) and turns it back into a proper DVD rental service again.

The only good that can come out of this is if someone else does buy Quikster (still can't get over that name) and turns it back into a proper DVD rental service again.

. . . with faster turn-around-time on new releases.

Probably not going to happen, I'm sorry to say.

We've been over the economics of new releases countless times here, and it just won't work out to everyone's satisfaction. Spindaddy has posted about this again and again. There's a balance to this issue and the balance will always be tilted towards the economic side of things, not customer satisfaction.

I can post about it again, if anyone needs to hear it again... anyone... anyone. What's that cricket noise?

No crickets that I can hear . . .

It couldn't hurt, since there are plenty of new people lurking or posting who may not have read/thought about it previously.

Heh, they can't have been lurking much or they'd have encountered a debate about it.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Dig-Me-Up replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"What they probably need on the Cartoon Network is what the FXX Network will have soon. And that's a Simpsons marathon,. or at least daily shows. The Simpsons marathon starts tomorrow (which probably will cost FXX a ton of money in episodes and…"
50 minutes ago
Baff replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014-15' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"From Dusk Till Dawn new show full season now available on Netflix."
1 hour ago
Aleks replied to Aleks's discussion 'help needed to find a movie' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssss That's it :) Thank you Ethan Bourne so much :) :)"
1 hour ago
Ethan Bourne replied to Aleks's discussion 'help needed to find a movie' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"Also, the girl wore leg braces (per Wiki): "
3 hours ago
Ethan Bourne replied to Aleks's discussion 'help needed to find a movie' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"Perhaps "Till Human Voices Wake Us", described as: "
3 hours ago
Orion1 replied to Orion1's discussion 'Share a list of some of your favorite Anime's for others to see.' in the group AnimeZone
"I think I've heard Tomita's version of clair de lune somewhere before. I'm having a hard time placing where.  Fireflies greatness lies in what isn't said, it really is only understood in a surreal perspective. It has to be…"
4 hours ago
David replied to Orion1's discussion 'Share a list of some of your favorite Anime's for others to see.' in the group AnimeZone
"I'll do that.  Grave of the Fireflies didn't effect me as it has some, I cannot explain why, perhaps the story being told through two young children and in animated form?  I'll probably give it another try though at some…"
4 hours ago
David replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014-15' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"Doctor Who Season 8 episode titles: Episode 1: Deep Breath.Written by Steven MoffatDirected by Ben Wheatley Episode 2: Into The DalekWritten by Phil Ford and Steven MoffatDirected by Ben WheatleyIntroducing Samuel Anderson as Danny Pink. Episode…"
4 hours ago
Slappy replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"Knew what you meant.  No I have not watched a show but seen plenty of commercials for it.  I never did find most of Adult Swim funny even when it first started.  After Robot Chicken stuff just gets stupid.  I did think though…"
5 hours ago
Orion1 replied to Orion1's discussion 'Share a list of some of your favorite Anime's for others to see.' in the group AnimeZone
"If you like Miyazaki then I think you should try out the other giant at ghibli Takahata, Isao. Check out  Omoide Poroporo  first as I think it's is masterpiece next to Grave of the Fireflies."
9 hours ago
Dig-Me-Up replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"I made a goof,. it's on the Cartoon Network. I'm going to get a reputation for my goofs around here.  Still I had some degree of expectations for a laugh here and there. Or something interesting. It was too boring to even offend me.…"
12 hours ago
David replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"I've missed it like a plague of locust, but mostly because I just don't care for that type humor.  Give me The Life of Brian any day."
14 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service