Netflix Movie Fans

http://blog.netflix.com/2011/09/explanation-and-some-reflections.html

[post script Mon morning]

If you're in the mood, this is more the way i feel that Reed's letter should have sounded. What's your feedback on it -- better? worse? 

http://droidmaker.blogspot.com/2011/09/netflix-post-that-reed-shoul...

Views: 5015

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good find.  I just might have to pass this along.  ;)
Good one!
Priceless!

I pushed the button. Expected a fart sound, but works just as well.

Looks like it's leveled out near the 130 mark, where they've been saying for a long time the fair value should be. Probably pretty precariously perched there tough. Now, if they'll just deliver movies for a while and stop changing and apologizing it all can get back to normal.

I pushed the button, too! Was my smile for the day . . .  :)
The only good that can come out of this is if someone else does buy Quikster (still can't get over that name) and turns it back into a proper DVD rental service again.

The only good that can come out of this is if someone else does buy Quikster (still can't get over that name) and turns it back into a proper DVD rental service again.

. . . with faster turn-around-time on new releases.

Probably not going to happen, I'm sorry to say.

We've been over the economics of new releases countless times here, and it just won't work out to everyone's satisfaction. Spindaddy has posted about this again and again. There's a balance to this issue and the balance will always be tilted towards the economic side of things, not customer satisfaction.

I can post about it again, if anyone needs to hear it again... anyone... anyone. What's that cricket noise?

No crickets that I can hear . . .

It couldn't hurt, since there are plenty of new people lurking or posting who may not have read/thought about it previously.

Heh, they can't have been lurking much or they'd have encountered a debate about it.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"I'm temporarily blind - I'll have to use my tongue."
3 hours ago
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"I recall seeing that on TV ages ago when I was perhaps 13. I was impressed but doubt I'd enjoy it now."
4 hours ago
Profile Iconcami0512 and Mimi joined Netflix Movie Fans
4 hours ago
danram replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Pit and the Pendulum is definitely the best of Corman and Poe"
5 hours ago
Mimi shared a profile on Facebook
5 hours ago
Mimi joined The Bumbles's group
Thumbnail

What's The Name of That Movie? SOLVED Archive

ARCHIVE of all SOLVED movies from the What's The Name of That Movie? group discussions.No Discussions here.
5 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Fargo good.  SyFy Channel bad.  Hulk need cookie.  ;)"
6 hours ago
"The film completely reverses the white/black orientation of the book.  After that it's all downhill.  So naturally those of us who had liked the novel were pissed off at the movie.  I wouldn't give it any stars."
6 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
" "
6 hours ago
Baff replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"I loved the Misfits. I've never seen a brother and sister that were so obviously related as Michael and Lauren Socha.  He was recently on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and the British version of Being Human. "
6 hours ago
" "
6 hours ago
" "
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service