Netflix Movie Fans

OK. This has been happening for years now, since I first joined. When there's a movie at the top of your queue that shows as anything other than available it totally screws up the sequence. Like if you're on the 3 at a time plan but the #1 movie in your queue has a wait, it won't send 2, 3 and 4. It sends me like 5, 17 and 32. Why?!? What's so difficult about sending the next available movies in the list? It's actually sent me something that was past the 100 marker before.

So after awhile I figured this out and kept the waiting movies a little further down the list. But every once in awhile the top movie will change to short wait at the last minute and it's all screwed up again.

I was just waiting on the next disc in a series I'm watching and I just got my emails and sure enough it's screwed up again. The top disc jumped to short wait after I checked it this morning to be sure. But did it send 2, 3 and 4? Nooooo. It sent 3 movies from the 20s area.

Does this happen to anyone else? I don't really see the point in an ordered queue if they're not gonna send the AVAILABLE movies in the order they're listed.

Views: 943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't say that's ever happened to me. They just skip down to next available title. I rarely have waited movies at the top, so that's perhaps one reason.
This is not normal. If it is skipping over titles that show as "available" (both before and after the next title ships) then something is wrong. Can't recall that I've ever had that happen. You should contact Netflix and let them know to see if they can fix.
Are you guys serious? That's never happened to you? I thought it was normal since it's been happening to me for years now. I have already called Netflix about it, prolly like about a year ago. They told me not to have movies with a wait at the top of my list to ensure I receive my movies in order. WTF that has to do with it I don't know. Why can't it just skip to the next available movie? They said wait until they show is marked as available before I put them at the top of the list. I had already figured that much out for myself before I ever called them. I was pissed as it was dealing with this for so long but if I'm the only one it's happening to I'm really pissed. Think I'm gonna go call them again and say wtf.
I've never had that happen with Netflix either. It is however exactly how Blockbuster online ships and what customer service says when I called to complain. "don't have waits at the top" I just accept now that BB will ship in an odd order but unless I unlock titles in a series they do ship them in order. Netflix ships the next available movie every time for me. So yeah, like they said - call them and have them check your account them come back and let us know what's up.
OK I just got off the phone with Adam from Netflix. Unfortunately he said he couldn't help me because I had already rearranged my queue today since 3 more movies were mailed. The #1 movie had jumped to short wait at the last minute and instead of sending me 2, 3 and 4 they sent me 3 in the 20s area like I said. Since that happened I had to rearrange some things to straighten it up. He said since I had already changed the order of my queue he couldn't look and tell me what the problem had been even though I didn't rearrange anything in the first 20 so all those were the same as they had been. That doesn't really make sense to me but that's what he said. He told me the next time it happens (which is all the time so that won't be a problem) to not mess with the queue before I call them. He didn't tell me what the woman did a year ago which was to not have movies with a wait on top. He said what you guys are saying that it should send the next available movie in the list and not just 3 random movies somewhere in the queue which is what it does. I told him the only one with a wait was the first one, numbers 2 and 3 were available, and actually so were like 4-20ish, but it skipped all those too. This is aggravating. So I guess I'll have to wait till it does it again or purposefully put a movie with a wait on top to force it to happen then call them before I change my queue. ~SIGH~
ive had them skip over available movies, but it was never over number 10 in the queue.
Diaboyos, do you add anime or TV shows as a series in your queue at the same time (add all)? One of our members is a CS employee and posted that NF will not send DVDs out of order if the group was added with the Add All button. For example, if you added an anime series with 6 DVDs with the Add All button and you watched #1, sent it back and expected DVD #2, but at the last minute the available DVD actually wasn't available - NF will not send #3 - 6. They skip to a dvd not in the series that is available. So if you have some series in your queue those might get skipped. Since I add DVDs individually I will never have that happen. If I accidentally added DVD 2 & 3 of a series and 2 isn't available at the last minute I'd get sent # 3. But that's the only thing I can think of that would cause it to skip movies in your queue. If that's the case Delete them from queue and add them back individually - 1 dvd at a time if you don't care which one of a series is mailed.

If you don't have series in queue give us the title of the ones skipped and maybe someone will have an idea.
Aces-- That's good info about season discs. I have some seasons that I used Add All to add to the queue. I'll definitely go back and add them individually. Unfortunately the top three movies in question were just regular movies. The first was Hurt Locker, which went to available, then to short wait at the last minute, and now it says very long wait again. What the hell's up with that?!? The second was Creepshow 2 which still shows as available. The third was Ice Pirates (good old school laughs!) which still shows as available as well. But I think what it sent me were marked as like 23, 24 and 27ish if I'm not mistaken.

e manderthal-- Good idea about the profile. Do you have to log into each profile separately or can you access all your profiles from your main member page? If they each have a separate login that sounds like it would end up being a major pain. Some movies here, some movies there, gotta keep track. If I'm forced to do that then I'll give it a shot but I really shouldn't have to you know? It should work right like everyone else's.

The next go round I'm gonna make sure the top movie has a wait and when it undoubtedly screws up I'm gonna call em back before reorganizing the queue and see what they say then.
From the "main profile" you can access any "subprofile" just by picking it from the drop-down menu that'll appear by your name in the upper right corner, but you'll have to log in again when you go from a "subprofile" back to your "main profile" (it works as a master account that way). If you do set up multiple profiles, make sure they befriend each other, that makes it easy for you to see what's in the other profiles' queues, so you don't have to switch.
I'll definitely go back and add them individually. Only if you don't care that they might not be sent in series order.

Give all the ids the same password too. I just added those movies to a sub profile of mine to see if I get the same wait times.

The Hurt Locker is on a Very Long Wait. It will be for a long time now so I bet when it showed as available it was a computer glitch. I've noticed some odd things lately that happen and then fix themselves. Creepshow 2 is available now. yeah Ice Pirates is available too here. I'm a B movie/just for laughs fan too.

Like some others on here, I keep all the movies with a wait at the top of my queue. I have about 24 there now and always note the first "available" one just to see if I get something on wait. I'll get a wait or the first available every time so I think watching your queue and calling them is the idea. There is something wrong with your shipping. Having multiple profiles isn't so hard to deal with. I have one for TV shows and another I use for special genres I'm into periodically. Usually my main queue has all 3 DVDs allocated to it. But sometimes I'll give the subs 1 each. As Manderthal said - be sure to sign out with your main profile and remember that subs don't show if a movie is available to Watch Instantly.
The first 30 movies in my queue are not released yet. The next 20 or so are newer releases with waits. I leave it this way all the time and only move my movies around after slot 50 or so. I have never experienced this so I hope it is some sort of glitch in your queue that you can get worked out.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"The Signal     2014   PG13   97 min   2/10 The kind of film made several times a year for the SyFy channel.  Slow, dull.  A few possible alternate endings, but nothing you haven't seen…"
36 minutes ago
Ando replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Cameo-Word Up"
3 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Yes - Awaken"
6 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"No, he gets the Afghan special forces vet who's into fisting."
6 hours ago
Ando replied to staahsha's discussion 'Songs: Free Association' in the group Music
"Too High → White Lines "
6 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"The Zero Theorem     2013   R   107 min   dl   6/10 Let me see if I've got this straight, Mister "Audiences are stupid, especially Americans" Terry Gilliam: A Director interprets a…"
8 hours ago
Profile IconCanaceiney and Kanaceinel joined Netflix Movie Fans
10 hours ago
Baff left a comment for Dig-Me-Up
"Yeah, everyone on Crossbones is ludicrously well bathed and groomed.  They come back from 5 days at sea and look like they just spent a day at the spa."
16 hours ago
macroman replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"$ellebrity (2012. Documentary)=I liked this film about the historical relationship between Hollywood celebrities & the paparazzi.  About 20 celebrities, most notably Jennifer Anniston, are interviewed together with several successful…"
17 hours ago
Dig-Me-Up left a comment for Baff
"Thanks for the info. No more Crossbones means my Fridays will be free. Here's one thing that I always thought about the show... This is a pirate style of a character. This is what that looks like... This is a gay attendant that…"
18 hours ago
Baff left a comment for Dig-Me-Up
"Crossbones got canceled today.  An episode tomorrow and then the final 2 eps next Saturday.  I gave up on it last Friday. Extant ratings plummeted this week.  If it drops much further, they may not show the remaining episodes.…"
18 hours ago
macroman replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Yes.  In other countries where GMOs are labeled, almost no one wants to buy them so they are scared to death of what labeling requirements here will do to their profits.  A recent poll showed about 93% of Americans who were asked want GMOs…"
19 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service