Netflix Movie Fans

Hey, I just got a new Samsung BD-P1600 BluRay Player. I have set up Netflix streaming, but last night I was just using it for the second time to watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop, but it kept freezing in the middle of the movie. I had to rewind and fast forward to the spot I was at and it didn't to it again for that spot, but 5- 15 mins. later it did it again. What should i do to fix this problem... or is it just that certain movie? P.S. Can I have 2 BluRay players and stream to both on the same Netflix plan (8.99 a month one)? Thanks in advance! :-)

Tags: Netflix, Problem, Streaming, with

Views: 11584

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

BTW, since I reported this to NetFlix, I've been overwhelmed by their silence on the issue.

What exactly do you expect them to say, that is not best said at consumer sites?

The problem is the Samsung Player... Sure NF could say "Don't buy Samsung... They are crap...", but that would probably cause a bunch of legal issues. Netflix cannot fix the problem, only Samsung can, so again... ??? So what else would you have Netflix do?

The consumer has to be/remain proactive. The consumer needs to call Samsung and not stop calling till they get the problem fixed, the consumer needs to post how terrible the product is, to warn others who may be thinking about it that there are issues.
Very simple: all they have to say is something to the effect:

"We are aware of the problem and it appears to be related to the most recent Samsung firmware update. We are working with Samsung to correct the problem and we hope to have the issue resolved very soon."

This commits to nothing but it does let us (the viewers) know that they have acknowledged the issue and are doing something about it. The problem is (apparently) with Samsung, but it very much effects NetFlix because it effects us--the customers. By not acknowledging the problem, they are basically saying there is no problem when there obviously is.

That's why their silence is defining, and continues to be so.
I've had the same issue with my BD-1600. I've noticed it while watching the first season of FarScape. If you notice, please let me know if you see the same thing going on, while watching. I can get through the first episode I watch, usually without any problems, how ever once I get about half way through the second episode the counter on the player will stop. I can still usually get though that episode, but once I go to another episode the counter will stay at zero. It will start to play the episode, but one I get about 5 minutes into it, then it will freeze. I can fast forward and the counter will go to that fast forward spot, but it will not count and I can only get about 5-7 minutes before it freezes again. I have to cycle the player off then on again to clear it out.

This is clearly an issue with the Samsung Firmware. Usually if I can get more then 38 minutes into a 50 minute episode before the counter stops I can usually be able to watch the entire episode. When I go back to restart an episode that it froze on, you can only resume from where the counter stopped, then you just have to fast forward to where you left off.

Patrick
Just finished my Farscape Marathon, I watched all three seasons on my PC with IW.

Out of approximately 70-75 episodes I had (I counted) 4 stop/rebuffers, 3 Error Codes (that were fixed by closing my browser, clearing the cache and starting back up) and 2 Freeze (I had to shut my PC off to clear it and reboot).

So its not Netflix (the error codes and freeze were due to some background app accessing my hard drive, (mostly my AV, but also the system doing periodic system restore points).

Sounds like A LOT of people need to return these Samsungs... Or at the very least contact a consumer protection lawyer and have one write a polite letter to Samsungs legal dept about how they "MIGHT" want to fix the problem before a nationwide class action is filed for shitty electronics.
Misery loves company! All of you are convinced that the problem is with Samsung? Say it ain't so!
We just got the Bd P4600 (month ago) and the same shit is happening now with that model as well....start, stop, restart, stop. Does not act up all of the time. Evening seems worse although have not really played around with it much during the day. Not happy. Obviously, the primary reason for buying the machine was the streaming. Has there been a firmware update very recently for these players and this issue? What else can be done?

rdog
Evening seems worse
Sounds like a bandwidth issue
I initially reported that I was having an issue watching a streaming movie on my Tivo, but have since received my Samsung BDP3600, connected it to my wireless network (I use Comcast), and have watched several movies via Netflix with no starting and stopping at all. I have also used Pandora, with no problems. I went back to the Tivo and watched a couple more movies and did not experience any problems either, so I hope my luck continues. All of this movie watching was around prime time, and my computer was on, but "sleeping". Not sure how the movies would play if I were to use the computer at the same time Netflix was streaming. BTW, I have the latest firmware update.
Hey, I know I haven't responded in a while. So mine was working fine for a TV show I watch a lot, but suddenly I try to watch the movie Walle, and it stops in the middle. Then when I try to watch the TV show that worked fine earlier, it kept stopping, and plus it was OFFLE quality. (I mean it is way worse than normal.) I am going to try to call Netflix and dee what's up.
If you have questions or problems with Instant watch or Instant Watch devices, click on the picture to join the tech support group!

(This thread has been closed by an admin)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Baff replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014-15' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"Extant season ended, probably canceled, but unknown yet. Gotham new show starts Monday. Sleepy Hollow season starts Monday. Forever new show starts Monday, then 2nd episode on Tuesday (its regular night). S.H.I.E.L.D. season starts Tuesday. Person…"
7 hours ago
David replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014-15' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"I saw a guy today that said he enjoyed Haven.  I never have seen it, but made me curious enough to tune in a catch an episode.  I've been meaning to watch Z Nation too.  I've seen a few trailers of the show, but looked…"
7 hours ago
Dig-Me-Up replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
14 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"It's Sleeping Beauty, not Snow White - thanks to Craig Crumpton on FB."
15 hours ago
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Boom Town (1940)MGM's big budget adventure yarn/rags to riches story is very entertaining thanks in part to its star power. Clark Gable and Spencer Tracy head the cast as partners and rivals in the oil business spanning a twenty year…"
15 hours ago
Nerves replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"How to choose?"
15 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Maleficent     2014   PG   97 min   6/10 Disney re-imagining of Snow White, with some nice ideas, but definitely a film made by committee - with plenty of testing and editing resulting in an uneven…"
yesterday
eviltimes replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'New 14-15 discussion group' in the group Netflix Fantasy Football
"OMG!  What did they put in their Wheaties last night?  Eight touchdowns? "
yesterday
karla is now a member of Netflix Movie Fans
yesterday

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service