Netflix Movie Fans

Roger Ebert: "I'm Told Netflix Has Largely Stopped Buying Streaming Rights to Indie Films"

From Hacking NF:

Roger Ebert: "I'm Told Netflix Has Largely Stopped Buying Streaming Rights to Indie Films"

Roger Ebert tweeted that "I'm told Netflix has largely stopped buying the streaming rights to indie films." 

Netflixstoppedbuyingindiestreaming

How important are indie films to you?

================================

NF has aprox. 1050 listed under Independent streaming today. 

Anyone else hear this?

Tags: Ebert, Indie_Films

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just the same HNF story as you.  It would be a bummer.  Altho Indie films are mostly chaff, there are a few diamonds hiding out there.

"Altho Indie films are mostly chaff, there are a few diamonds hiding out there."

Really?  That's what I would've said of the (mostly) Hollywood rubbish that we lost with Starz' departure.

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

For more info... http://tinyurl.com/7j52hxg

Agree with ya, Mort.

Hey, thanks for the reminder, Aces. Quite a few good ones on this list.

That really doesn't make much sense since indie films are usually much cheaper to acquire the rights to. (Look at all the independent filmmakers we have that join Movie Fans and plead for Netflix to carry their films)

"I'm told..."...by who, exactly, old man? Someone at Amazon? Since you also mention a Netflix competitor in the exact same tweet.

Ebert is an idiot/

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Marco is now a member of Netflix Movie Fans
26 minutes ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Led Zep - White Summer / Black Mountain Side    *bonus track on Coda in LZ Box Set*"
4 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Maaya Sakamoto - Replica   *new single*"
4 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Proxy     2013   NR   120 min   4/10 A tedious thriller that tried to put me to sleep. That was probably why I was caught by surprise at the twist ending, although they tell you right up front. I was just…"
7 hours ago
David replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
8 hours ago
"Yoko Kanno - The Creation"
11 hours ago
eviltimes replied to Orion1's discussion 'Share a list of some of your favorite Anime's for others to see.' in the group AnimeZone
"He's a complete idiot."
11 hours ago
Orion1 replied to Orion1's discussion 'Share a list of some of your favorite Anime's for others to see.' in the group AnimeZone
"That guy reminds me of this greek guy that used to be on MAL. He also used to make all these crazy anime lists on youtube. People started hating on him hard core and he eventually got himself banned from MAL somehow. To bad too, because I used to…"
17 hours ago
David replied to Orion1's discussion 'Share a list of some of your favorite Anime's for others to see.' in the group AnimeZone
"I like this guy's reviews, well I'll say the anime he covers appeals to me, his comments are a bit corny however, and he has an accent though I can't place where he might be from, he reminds me of Lars from Metallica: "
23 hours ago
Dig-Me-Up replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"I missed it. But Robot Chicken and South Park jump the shark tank so often that normal would be out of place. So it's hard to say even when they have gone too far. Or when they missed their mark when it comes to humor. "
yesterday
eviltimes replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"Speaking of Robot Chicken - If you saw the last episode - Does this mean the end of Robot Chicken?"
yesterday
Ethan Bourne replied to Aleks's discussion 'help needed to find a movie' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"Cool!  Hope you enjoy revisiting the movie."
yesterday

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service