Netflix Movie Fans

Roger Ebert: "I'm Told Netflix Has Largely Stopped Buying Streaming Rights to Indie Films"

From Hacking NF:

Roger Ebert: "I'm Told Netflix Has Largely Stopped Buying Streaming Rights to Indie Films"

Roger Ebert tweeted that "I'm told Netflix has largely stopped buying the streaming rights to indie films." 

Netflixstoppedbuyingindiestreaming

How important are indie films to you?

================================

NF has aprox. 1050 listed under Independent streaming today. 

Anyone else hear this?

Tags: Ebert, Indie_Films

Views: 374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just the same HNF story as you.  It would be a bummer.  Altho Indie films are mostly chaff, there are a few diamonds hiding out there.

"Altho Indie films are mostly chaff, there are a few diamonds hiding out there."

Really?  That's what I would've said of the (mostly) Hollywood rubbish that we lost with Starz' departure.

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

For more info... http://tinyurl.com/7j52hxg

Agree with ya, Mort.

Hey, thanks for the reminder, Aces. Quite a few good ones on this list.

That really doesn't make much sense since indie films are usually much cheaper to acquire the rights to. (Look at all the independent filmmakers we have that join Movie Fans and plead for Netflix to carry their films)

"I'm told..."...by who, exactly, old man? Someone at Amazon? Since you also mention a Netflix competitor in the exact same tweet.

Ebert is an idiot/

RSS

Latest Activity

Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"Cyankali (1930) Cyankali is German for cyanide, which was sometimes used to terminate unwanted pregnancies in Germany's Weimar Republic (1918 - 1933). It's a social issue film that brings up the number of women who died from illegal…"
8 hours ago
Just Gus joined The Real Uncle Bob's group
Thumbnail

Deaf Movie Club

Seeking improved access to Netflix for the hearing impaired, through accurate, thorough labelling of accessable disks, and captioning of streamed films.
12 hours ago
Just Gus commented on Cindy's group 'Filmmakers on Netflix'
"Not really a film....a rstaged eading of a play I wrtote...I'll post some film projects later. "
12 hours ago
Just Gus commented on Cindy's group 'Filmmakers on Netflix'
"The group seemed like a good idea...it still does in some senses."
12 hours ago
Just Gus replied to CL's discussion 'What movie comes to mind when you see the word(s)...' in the group The Game Room
"Next word: Music"
12 hours ago
Just Gus replied to CL's discussion 'What movie comes to mind when you see the word(s)...' in the group The Game Room
"Pagemaster "
12 hours ago
Just Gus replied to NewfMom's discussion 'BAKER'S DOZEN VOLUME 2' in the group The Game Room
"4 of 13 (scary) Insidious"
12 hours ago
Just Gus replied to NewfMom's discussion 'SIX DEGREE OF SEPARATION, WELL... ALMOST!' in the group The Game Room
"George Clooney with Uma Thurman Batman and Robin "
12 hours ago
Just Gus replied to NewfMom's discussion 'SIX DEGREE OF SEPARATION, WELL... ALMOST!' in the group The Game Room
"Uma Thurman with David Carradine Kill Bill trilogy "
12 hours ago
Just Gus replied to spiderpig's discussion 'THIS OR THAT Game' in the group The Game Room
"ET, now you propose a this or that and some else chooses and proposes the next this or that."
13 hours ago
Ando replied to Ando's discussion 'Criterion Collection 50% Off @ Barnes & Noble' in the group Criterion Fun
"50 Best Criterion Releases? As always, best is relative but this extended article at least makes interesting reading (last minute inspiration - the half off sale ends today)."
13 hours ago
eviltimes joined Freakin Meow's group
Thumbnail

The Game Room

A place to relax and rest your mind. We have a variety of movie-themed games to choose from.See More
yesterday

© 2015   Created by eviltimes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service