Netflix Movie Fans

Roger Ebert: "I'm Told Netflix Has Largely Stopped Buying Streaming Rights to Indie Films"

From Hacking NF:

Roger Ebert: "I'm Told Netflix Has Largely Stopped Buying Streaming Rights to Indie Films"

Roger Ebert tweeted that "I'm told Netflix has largely stopped buying the streaming rights to indie films." 

Netflixstoppedbuyingindiestreaming

How important are indie films to you?

================================

NF has aprox. 1050 listed under Independent streaming today. 

Anyone else hear this?

Tags: Ebert, Indie_Films

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just the same HNF story as you.  It would be a bummer.  Altho Indie films are mostly chaff, there are a few diamonds hiding out there.

"Altho Indie films are mostly chaff, there are a few diamonds hiding out there."

Really?  That's what I would've said of the (mostly) Hollywood rubbish that we lost with Starz' departure.

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

For more info... http://tinyurl.com/7j52hxg

Agree with ya, Mort.

Hey, thanks for the reminder, Aces. Quite a few good ones on this list.

That really doesn't make much sense since indie films are usually much cheaper to acquire the rights to. (Look at all the independent filmmakers we have that join Movie Fans and plead for Netflix to carry their films)

"I'm told..."...by who, exactly, old man? Someone at Amazon? Since you also mention a Netflix competitor in the exact same tweet.

Ebert is an idiot/

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Steffi joined wowwee123's group
Thumbnail

Instant Watch Help Center

Here's the place to ask technical questions that you may have. Hopefully others will have answers, or if not, at least have similar problems we can discuss and troubleshoot. See More
22 minutes ago
Steffi is now a member of Netflix Movie Fans
26 minutes ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
" "
2 hours ago
Baff replied to Baff's discussion 'TV Show Start Dates Fantasy/Sci-Fi 2014' in the group Wormhole Xtreme! ... The SCI-FI Forum
"The Neighbors season finished, most likely canceled. Orphan Black season starts Saturday. Salem new show starts Sunday."
2 hours ago
" "
3 hours ago
"It Happened One Night (1934) dir. Frank Capra "
3 hours ago
"JENNIFER L. "
3 hours ago
" "
4 hours ago
eviltimes replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"Far Cry"
5 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"CSN&Y  -  Country Girl"
5 hours ago
eviltimes replied to Ando's discussion 'Great Shots. Post 'em!' in the group The Fan
"Ha!"
18 hours ago
"TAKE THE DARE--- JUMP "
19 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service