Netflix Movie Fans

Roger Ebert: "I'm Told Netflix Has Largely Stopped Buying Streaming Rights to Indie Films"

From Hacking NF:

Roger Ebert: "I'm Told Netflix Has Largely Stopped Buying Streaming Rights to Indie Films"

Roger Ebert tweeted that "I'm told Netflix has largely stopped buying the streaming rights to indie films." 

Netflixstoppedbuyingindiestreaming

How important are indie films to you?

================================

NF has aprox. 1050 listed under Independent streaming today. 

Anyone else hear this?

Tags: Ebert, Indie_Films

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just the same HNF story as you.  It would be a bummer.  Altho Indie films are mostly chaff, there are a few diamonds hiding out there.

"Altho Indie films are mostly chaff, there are a few diamonds hiding out there."

Really?  That's what I would've said of the (mostly) Hollywood rubbish that we lost with Starz' departure.

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

For more info... http://tinyurl.com/7j52hxg

Agree with ya, Mort.

Hey, thanks for the reminder, Aces. Quite a few good ones on this list.

That really doesn't make much sense since indie films are usually much cheaper to acquire the rights to. (Look at all the independent filmmakers we have that join Movie Fans and plead for Netflix to carry their films)

"I'm told..."...by who, exactly, old man? Someone at Amazon? Since you also mention a Netflix competitor in the exact same tweet.

Ebert is an idiot/

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"Lola (1981)Fassbinder wanted to remake Josef von Sternberg's 'The Blue Angel' (1930) and asked one of his collaborators, Peter Märthesheimer, to write a screenplay. Fassbinder's notion was to do a shot by shot…"
8 hours ago
pisces replied to pisces's discussion 'NEED HELP PLEASE!!' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"Hi, I looked up the description for 'Shuttle', especially the description of the end of the movie.  You are right.  It is Shuttle.  Thank you for responding to my question."
13 hours ago
pisces replied to pisces's discussion 'NEED HELP PLEASE!!' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"Hi, I looked up the description for 'Shuttle', especially the description of the end of the movie.  You are sooooo right.  It is Shuttle.  Thank you so much."
13 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Maaya Sakamoto  -  Yakusoku wa Inanai"
18 hours ago
" "
yesterday
yesterday
" "
yesterday
yesterday