Netflix Movie Fans

Subtitles cut off at the bottom of the screen for foreign films on ROKU player.

I hoped this problem would be fixed sooner, but I guess no one has really had time to bring it up. Over the last few days I have been struggling to finish watching Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance because the subtitles shown at the bottom of the screen are cut off. Because of this, it is very difficult to see what is being said in these films.

I am sure that this problem is happening with other foreign films right now, but I wouldn't know which ones they are. It seems like an easy thing to fix. Can this problem with the two films I named above be fixed? It would really make viewing these films much more relaxing and not frustrating.

I have tried changing the size of my TV screen, but that doesn't help at all.

Views: 537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a similar problem. Over the past few days I have been struggling to finish watching Das Boot. Part of the problem is that it is just REALLY long, and the other part is that I am sorta over the whole Nazi-thing. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions to either make this film shorter or revitalize my boredom with the Nazi-genre. I mean, FFS, I even found that I was not that impressed with The Lives of Others - and basically everyone I know liked that film. This is very troublesome. I would appreciate any advice people have to offer.

PS. @ Josh - call customer service.
Have you called Netflix to let them know?

We are simply lovers of movies who have Netflix in common, and they have kindly linked out forum for us. But we are not them and cannot fix any problems...

1-866-716-0414

Wait times are generally about a minute or less.

Sounds like an encoding issue that they might not be aware of.

BTW Lady Vengeance is actually worth getting the DVD, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance not so much so...
I haven't called Netflix yet. I just heard about the Netflix forum today and so I thought it would be wise the post the question about it here. I guess I can try to give them a call and see what happens.
Yes calling is better, we are not in any way "Official", we're just a fansite that they link too.
BTW Lady Vengeance is actually worth getting the DVD, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance not so much so...- That's only 1 sock puppet's opinion.
In my opinion Lady Vengeance was terrible but Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance was 6 stars. Josh, be sure to watch Oldboy which is part of Chan Wook Park's vengeance trilogy and on instant watch.
I already have Oldboy on instant watch, but did not watch the whole thing. I know some people don't mind dubbing, but I do. I will only watch Oldboy with subtitles.
That's dubbed? DAMMIT!

Josh, all kidding aside, I have noticed some issues with foreign titles, but the vast majority have been fine. So far my biggest issue has been pan and scan versions (and you can't tell until you start watching) which I instantly delete. Oldboy would be the first I'd seen that was dubbed. That I can recall at the moment, anyway. I've seen it on disc already, though, so no biggie for me. I queued it on IW just to watch it again.

Recent ones include:

A Very Long Engagement
The Counterfeiters
City of Men (but maybe that was the original aspect, he says belatedly)
WTF? The Counterfeiters is dubbed, too? That's getting deleted from my list.

Dubbing a film reminds me of those people that go out to high class restaurants, order a $40 steak, and then request it be "well done." Why bother if you are just gonna make it shit?
Pan n Scan, not dubbed, sorry. I have yet to come across a dubbed foreign title in my IW viewing. I have Oldboy in there, but hadn't checked it yet.
Oldboy was dubbed when I watched it a couple of weeks ago. Dubbing ruins movies. If the movie is good, you don't even realize you're reading subtitles. Nicely put, Nicole.
I heard NF put up the dubbed version. That must have been a mistake since they usually use the original with subs.
JCVD was dubbed when it was on IW...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
12 hours ago
Profile Iconlori and Richard3006 joined Netflix Movie Fans
13 hours ago
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
" "
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
" "
Tuesday
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"Mughal-E-Azam (1960)Many years in the making and more expensive than any previous Indian film, Mughal-E-Azam is Bollywood's 'Gone With the Wind'. Like that product from Hollywood's Golden Age, Mughal-E-Azam is entertainment…"
Tuesday

© 2014   Created by eviltimes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service