Netflix Movie Fans

Viewing Instant Movies Via a Dish Network VIP 722 DVR Receiver

I have a Wireless Home Network that I use for my computers. I use Dish Network for television and have a VIP 722 DVR Receiver. This receiver has an ethernet port that is supposed to allow me to access the internet. I understand that I could simply run a cable from my router to my receiver to accomplish this, but this would be very unhandy. What device would allow me to use this port wirelessly.

Views: 2388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wait, what? You want to run a connection from your internet router to your DVR so you can watch Netflix movies instantly???

Well, you can always create a "wireless bridge" which is basically setting up 2 wireless routers to connect with each other, and you then have one router connect to the internet and the other to your DVR.

You will, however, face 2 major issues. First, your DVR's ethernet plug is intended for setting your DVR to record while you're not home (say, at work) via the internet (not sure how it works, don't have one myself). How do you plan to navigate the Internet on your DVR once you've solved that issue? Second, Netflix doesn't allow streaming to a VIP 722 DVR, so even if you somehow managed to get your DVR to access the Netflix website, you still wouldn't get any streaming going.

Here's a list of "Netflix Ready Devices" you can use to access Netflix Instant Watch, other than your PC/Mac.
will this work with a dvr522receiver
Is it on the list? No? Then it won't.
Please post your IW technical questions in this group:
http://community.netflix.com/group/iwtechsup
Hi Phil, I do not see any reason why a Roku box (www.roku.com) could not be used for streaming Netflix on the same TV as your Dish DVR522 receiver. Is prolly what I gonna do. The new ViP722 also is not capable of streaming Netflix but I believe I can still use both on the same TV. Netflix has booga booga more movies streaming than Dish. It is worth the $100 or $130 (depending on model) Roku box to get streaming Netflix if I am going with Dish. Also requires the minimum $8.99/month unlimited Netflix fee (http://netflix.com).

Only difference in Roku boxes is WiFi speed. HD-$100=G Standard; HD-XR$130=N Standard. The HD-XR version also has a USB port but purpose has yet to be specified by Roku. I would imagine they will permit an external HDD eventually. I suspect Netflix might have an issue with that and that is why Roku's USB port is uncommented. Cheers!!!

~~Ray
ehhh, I not soitin but I tinks is more like booga moogly bunka! But den again, I not a connoisseur of dese tings!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Ando replied to Ando's discussion 'NFL Playoffs' in the group The Fan
"Finally, Superbowl Weekend! "
4 hours ago
Ando replied to Ando's discussion 'King Lear' in the group Shake & Stir
"Tonight on most local PBS stations Christopher Plummer explores the history of King Lear. "
12 hours ago
Peter Jack is now a member of Netflix Movie Fans
15 hours ago
ocontraire replied to ocontraire's discussion 'Netflix throttling redux?'
" Thanks for your leg work, Nerves. Hopefully good news for us "hard copy' people.  :  )"
17 hours ago
justin6128 replied to ocontraire's discussion 'Netflix throttling redux?'
"that makes alot of sense thanks for posting that"
17 hours ago
Nerves replied to ocontraire's discussion 'Netflix throttling redux?'
"I found this recent post on bogleheads.org: "The increase in the delivery time since the first of the year is almost certainly due to the postal service's "service rationalization" effort. I spoke with someone at Netflix and he…"
yesterday
Ando replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"The Virtual Revolution (2010, produced by Russell Barnes) The information contained in this 4 part tv series won't reveal anything revelatory to anyone here but the origins of the idea for the world wide web might come as a surprise to…"
yesterday
justin6128 replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"well i made it through 4 movies today i watched.....chef, cassandras dream, chopper and stephen kings a good marriage"
yesterday
Ando replied to Ando's discussion 'Henry V' in the group Shake & Stir
"Then there's the Hollow Crown series (all three Henry plays), which aired a couple of years ago, produced by the BBC. It's not bad, though not as compelling as the productions we've mentioned, imo. I did find a good streaming version…"
yesterday
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"¡Ay, Carmela! (1990)A very well made film about a trio of touring performers who are forced to entertain Franco's fascist troops during the Spanish Civil War even though their hearts are with the Republicans. Carmen Maura's…"
yesterday
"Interesting bit from Auden in his Lectures on Shakespeare; he apparently felt that much of the poetry that spews from the character of Henry V is deliberately bad - at least, lesser than the language of Henry IV, passages of which (I must…"
yesterday
"He's at least had the intelligence to have stayed away from them; Macbeth never got to be an old king. And Hamlet was never going to be king! Heh."
yesterday

© 2015   Created by eviltimes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service