Netflix Movie Fans

Welcome to version 33, the Egg McMuffin of discussions. 

The first post in this thread will be # 14,394. 

The ghost of George Sanders reminds you to link your films, and that one should feel free to move on if bored. 

Views: 23133

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hangin's too good for 'im.  Burnin's too good for him - He ought to be cut up into itsy bitsy pieces and buried alive!

Since You Went Away

3.5 Stars

Very patriotic story of a mother holding things together at home while her husband is away serving in WWII. Way too long at 3hours.

Since You Went Away

Jennifer Jones is very fuckable, though.

These were the years when she alternated her saints and sluts roles.

Flawless

4 Stars

Good Heist film made better because of Michael Caine.

Flawless

the once beautiful Demi Moore

ya got that right.  Maybe she'll stop using cocaine as a weight loss program.

When was she beautiful?

OK.  Fuckable.

Please Don't Eat the Daisies (1960)

2/5 Stars

Blech!

That's a healthy reaction!

Ha. Yeah, words fail but that's the feeling I had when I finished watching.

4192: The Crowning of The Hit King Great baseball doc focusing on Pete Rose's field accomplishments. But to completely leave out his gambling activity seems suspect. After all, any kid who knows little of Rose's accomplishment will remain puzzled as to why "Member of Baseball Hall of Fame" isn't listed (as it is with Rose's former teammates/film commentators) at the end credits. It's less a portrait of Rose, therefore, than an ode to the pastime.

Wuthering Heights (1970)

3/5 Stars

I loved Michel Legrand's score especially in those moments of pure cinema where not a word is said but much is conveyed through the music and images. I haven't read the novel or seen any other screen version but the story seems little more than a tale of obsessive teen romance.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"Lucy     2014   R   89 min   5/10 Silly action film by Luc Besson. A French film imitating a Taiwanese (or Hong Kong) action flick - all car chases, shoot 'em ups and the occasional bit of magic by…"
9 minutes ago
Ando replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'New 14-15 discussion group' in the group Netflix Fantasy Football
"Cutler had one good week (week 1?). After that I soon dropped him. Let's face it, not many quarterbacks can do a Tom Brady in a single season. Did enjoy the beatdown in KC, though. Heh "
1 hour ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
" "
2 hours ago
Pihk replied to joseph's discussion 'Best nude movie scene?'
"Shame - Fassbender has the most adorable penis!"
3 hours ago
arbjrm replied to perkin-warbeck's discussion 'Netflix Instant star ratings inflated'
"I just called Netflix. I reported this some time ago but nothing happened. This time the rep spent quite a while trying to help and spoke with an engineer who said they knew about the problem and were trying to fix it.  It wasn't clear to…"
4 hours ago
eviltimes left a comment for Knaldskalle
"Tillykke med fødselsdagen! "
4 hours ago
Johnny replied to perkin-warbeck's discussion 'Netflix Instant star ratings inflated'
"I see the same thing.  Most new entries to my instant queue predict I will give it between 4 & 5 stars. What's really crazy about it it that if I have the same movie in my DVD queue and in my instant queue, they consistently predict at…"
5 hours ago
eviltimes replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'New 14-15 discussion group' in the group Netflix Fantasy Football
"It's that time of year when TE and RB are breaking down.  I swear there isn't a single decent TE left out there in our little league."
5 hours ago
eviltimes replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'New 14-15 discussion group' in the group Netflix Fantasy Football
"I saw him 2 weeks ago and snapped him up.  The only problem he has is those wobbly throws from Eli.  He can break faster that any defender - just amazing.  Before the game he practices the one hand circus catches!  Later on last…"
5 hours ago
David replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"Northwest Passage--1940 pretty good frontier/action film starring Spencer Tracy, etc. It recounts Major Robert Rogers' 1759 raid on St. Francis, an Abenaki village, during the French and Indian War. As Rogers, Spencer Tracy gives a powerhouse…"
5 hours ago
Ando replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'New 14-15 discussion group' in the group Netflix Fantasy Football
"Hey, who has ODB this year? Match winner, unless the rest of your team absolutely sucks. "
5 hours ago
David replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"I enjoyed it well enough too.  I think Miller has just about used up all the graphic novel source material, so for the third film, he may have to come up with newer stories."
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by eviltimes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service