Netflix Movie Fans

Currently, I've been trying to watch the show "30 Rock" on my Instant Queue.  Occasionally, I have no problems and can watch an entire episode fine.

However, most of the time I'm watching, and after about a minute or two, the sound does not synch up with the lips of the actors speaking, and this sound lag starts to get worse.

Note:  the audio remains fine -- I can continue to hear and understand the dialogue; and the video remains fine too.  But the mouths on the actors don't match up to the dialogue, and it's very annoying. 

I can temporarily fix this problem by hitting "Refresh", or by clicking on the back button to go to the previous episode, then quickly clicking on the forward button to get back to the episode I'm watching -- but within a minute or so, the problem comes back again.

I'm on a wireless connection, and I can watch YouTube videos just fine with no problems.

What can I do?  Thanks

Tags: hd, solution, streaming

Views: 24491

Replies to This Discussion

What device are you streaming on?  I watch 30 Rock all the time on PC with no problems.  You might try disabling HD and see if the problem clears up.

Thanks for providing a solution. pinpatch, let us know if this helps.

Thanks Locutus.  I'm pretty ignorant of computer lingo.  I can't seem to find a place to disable HD.

The closest thing I found on my NF account was this section under "Your Account and Help" and subsection "Settings".  Is this relevant?  Thanks

Manage video quality

We know that some of you have Internet data caps and we want to make it easier for you to manage how much data you use.
We offer 3 video quality settings to help you manage your data usage. No matter what level you choose, your Netflix membership price will remain the same. 

The "3 settings" are "good quality" "better quality" and "best quality" -- but I notice none of them are checked on my account.

See if "Good quality" selection solves ur issue.

Thanks wowwee, I'll try that and get back to you.

Hi wowwee -- I'm happy to report that your suggestion worked like a charm. My problem is solved!  Thanks so much for helping.

To many more episodes of 30 Rock!

Now I'll be soon running out of 30 Rock episodes to watch!  I'll have to find another show as good, which I think is unlikely...

I definitely recommend the 11 season show Cheers.

Oh yeah, I was a big fan of Cheers -- but I saw them all probably at least once, if not twice.  Then I went on to be a Frasier fan (though I didn't like the last season that much).

The last good sit-com I can remember was "King of Queens".  Another one was the animated "KIng of the Hill" -- but Netflix as far as I know doesn't have instant viewing of it.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

stndup4othrs replied to stndup4othrs's discussion 'Going Crazy' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"Also- she records her death and posts it online to be remembered by"
12 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Thanks.  If that's the picture of Waits I'm thinking off, that's awesome."
12 hours ago
stndup4othrs replied to stndup4othrs's discussion 'Going Crazy' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"No, but thank you! It does sound similar. In this movie they meet at the airport and then drive to a beach house. I appreciate the try! :)"
12 hours ago
eviltimes replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'How do I convince my husband to watch Orphan Black?' in the group Television
"I love Orphan Black because of her - Tatiana Maslany.  She's amazing.  I've lost count of how many clones she is playing - simultaneously, I might add - while keeping it all straight in her head.  Every clone is unique - a…"
12 hours ago
billy! replied to stndup4othrs's discussion 'Going Crazy' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"This sounds very very similar to a book called "Crash Into Me." Perhaps you watched some sort of film adaptation on tv?"
12 hours ago
stndup4othrs joined The Bumbles's group
Thumbnail

What's The Name of That Movie?

Can't remember the name of a movie you saw or wanted to see? Start a new Discussion Topic here with your description & we can try to help each other!See More
13 hours ago
Profile Iconstndup4othrs and Canaceiney joined Netflix Movie Fans
13 hours ago
David replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'How do I convince my husband to watch Orphan Black?' in the group Television
"I dunno?  I haven't seen it, but sounds like something I like, however, that said I don't think couple have to watch the same thing.  Also don't take my advice, I'm single.  But I have three TVs, and I'd hope…"
13 hours ago
Evil Herbivore joined David's group
Thumbnail

Television

A  place to discuss things on TV--shows you enjoy, head's up on shows, etc.See More
15 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"The Signal     2014   PG13   97 min   2/10 The kind of film made several times a year for the SyFy channel.  Slow, dull.  A few possible alternate endings, but nothing you haven't seen…"
19 hours ago
Ando replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Cameo-Word Up"
22 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Yes - Awaken"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service