Netflix Movie Fans

Currently, I've been trying to watch the show "30 Rock" on my Instant Queue.  Occasionally, I have no problems and can watch an entire episode fine.

However, most of the time I'm watching, and after about a minute or two, the sound does not synch up with the lips of the actors speaking, and this sound lag starts to get worse.

Note:  the audio remains fine -- I can continue to hear and understand the dialogue; and the video remains fine too.  But the mouths on the actors don't match up to the dialogue, and it's very annoying. 

I can temporarily fix this problem by hitting "Refresh", or by clicking on the back button to go to the previous episode, then quickly clicking on the forward button to get back to the episode I'm watching -- but within a minute or so, the problem comes back again.

I'm on a wireless connection, and I can watch YouTube videos just fine with no problems.

What can I do?  Thanks

Tags: hd, solution, streaming

Views: 26094

Replies to This Discussion

What device are you streaming on?  I watch 30 Rock all the time on PC with no problems.  You might try disabling HD and see if the problem clears up.

Thanks for providing a solution. pinpatch, let us know if this helps.

Thanks Locutus.  I'm pretty ignorant of computer lingo.  I can't seem to find a place to disable HD.

The closest thing I found on my NF account was this section under "Your Account and Help" and subsection "Settings".  Is this relevant?  Thanks

Manage video quality

We know that some of you have Internet data caps and we want to make it easier for you to manage how much data you use.
We offer 3 video quality settings to help you manage your data usage. No matter what level you choose, your Netflix membership price will remain the same. 

The "3 settings" are "good quality" "better quality" and "best quality" -- but I notice none of them are checked on my account.

See if "Good quality" selection solves ur issue.

Thanks wowwee, I'll try that and get back to you.

Hi wowwee -- I'm happy to report that your suggestion worked like a charm. My problem is solved!  Thanks so much for helping.

To many more episodes of 30 Rock!

Now I'll be soon running out of 30 Rock episodes to watch!  I'll have to find another show as good, which I think is unlikely...

I definitely recommend the 11 season show Cheers.

Oh yeah, I was a big fan of Cheers -- but I saw them all probably at least once, if not twice.  Then I went on to be a Frasier fan (though I didn't like the last season that much).

The last good sit-com I can remember was "King of Queens".  Another one was the animated "KIng of the Hill" -- but Netflix as far as I know doesn't have instant viewing of it.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
" "
13 hours ago
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1960)One of the last films directed by Michael Curtiz (who started directing in 1912 and whose credits include 'Casablanca') is a rather kiddified version of Mark Twain's novel. The…"
14 hours ago
"Alina (1950)Gina Lollobrigida stars as a simple mountain woman who stands in for her ailing husband in a smuggling racket along the border of Italy and France. So-so film is made even worse by the English dubbing. Can't really recommend it…"
yesterday
yesterday
" "
yesterday
"Girl in the News (1940)British crime thriller/courtroom drama by the director of 'The Third Man'. Margaret Lockwood plays a nurse who is suspected of foul play when her invalid employer overdoses on sleeping pills. Though she is…"
yesterday
Nerves replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
""Nothin' else was built the same,Nothin' in the worldAs the soft and wavy frameLike the silhouette of a dame!""
Thursday
Wednesday
Wednesday
Wednesday
Wednesday
" "
Wednesday