Netflix Movie Fans

I've been streaming on my Wii for the past several months.  We love it...however, we've had some major reloading problems which is hampering our viewing enjoyment.

This happens in the evening after about 8:30.  The show would start reloading, and it usually takes about 10 minutes to finish reloading...if it ever does.

We have high speed cable internet at (I think) 10 mbps with a wireless router.

Is this usual?  Is Netflix throttling me since I use the instant watch feature much (I'm on the least expensive plan, but we only take out about 3 discs a month).  Could the cable company be throttling me?  We have recently cut back on a number of cable TV services?  Or is our internet speed fast enough?

I'm very puzzled.  Many thanks in advance.

Tags: Wii, instant, streaming

Views: 478

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have the Wii, but do use the Instant Watch on a regular basis, and I can 100% rule out for you, that it is not a throttling issue from Netflix (there is much debate about throttling of DVDs but not with Instant).

To rule out your cable company, find out what is your current speed, and if you don't know what it is, you should contact the company. I'd also suggest calling up Netflix CS and see if they can help you (Netflix Customer Service - 877-638-3549 or 866-716-0414).

Hope this helps, and if someone in the group owns and/or is familiar with the Wii, then they can further help you too.
I have a Wii and had issues with connectivity. Nintendo released a "patch" in July and this seems to have fixed it. When I was viewing the Nintendo channel, for example, a video would slow down to the point of a delay playing. I thought it was either my internet connection (too much bandwidth being used) or on their end, but it was neither. I think the new release is 4.2U for Ninendo Wii OS.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"Thats' ok, I have another 200 favorites, give or take 50."
1 hour ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Well, employer - you know what I mean."
2 hours ago
eviltimes replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"Oddly I never found her attractive.  Cameron Diaz, too."
3 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Yeah, castrated boy cows are fattened up with corn and slaughtered before it has any deleterious effect on their health.  Oddly, I get FZN Aussie beef tenderloins (only about 7 lbs - less than half the size of American tenderloins and cheaper…"
3 hours ago
"KIRSTEN DUNST - "
3 hours ago
Knaldskalle replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Beef cattle is fed just that in those "feedlots" before they're slaughtered. Corn (GMO or not) gives the meat the "beef taste" Americans have become accustomed to. Beef from grass-fed cattle tastes a bit like lamb (i.e.…"
3 hours ago
eviltimes replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
"You know, they wouldn't let me post this on FB.  This is a jpeg I cut out of a screen grab.  How silly is that?"
5 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"That's the problem, once you take that first shot of heroin..."
5 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Bruce Hornsby - Harbor Lights"
5 hours ago
David replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Divergent--ok SF film, though more aimed at a different demographic than I am, though I found it watchable enough."
6 hours ago
David replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Yes, personally I would not want to eat GMO food, given the choice.  I heard one guy on TV, however, that had an interesting opinion/thesis, which I don't  buy into, but had never considered, which also goes along with Knalds'…"
6 hours ago
"   Eva Green daily photographs."
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service