Netflix Movie Fans

I've been streaming on my Wii for the past several months.  We love it...however, we've had some major reloading problems which is hampering our viewing enjoyment.

This happens in the evening after about 8:30.  The show would start reloading, and it usually takes about 10 minutes to finish reloading...if it ever does.

We have high speed cable internet at (I think) 10 mbps with a wireless router.

Is this usual?  Is Netflix throttling me since I use the instant watch feature much (I'm on the least expensive plan, but we only take out about 3 discs a month).  Could the cable company be throttling me?  We have recently cut back on a number of cable TV services?  Or is our internet speed fast enough?

I'm very puzzled.  Many thanks in advance.

Tags: Wii, instant, streaming

Views: 480

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have the Wii, but do use the Instant Watch on a regular basis, and I can 100% rule out for you, that it is not a throttling issue from Netflix (there is much debate about throttling of DVDs but not with Instant).

To rule out your cable company, find out what is your current speed, and if you don't know what it is, you should contact the company. I'd also suggest calling up Netflix CS and see if they can help you (Netflix Customer Service - 877-638-3549 or 866-716-0414).

Hope this helps, and if someone in the group owns and/or is familiar with the Wii, then they can further help you too.
I have a Wii and had issues with connectivity. Nintendo released a "patch" in July and this seems to have fixed it. When I was viewing the Nintendo channel, for example, a video would slow down to the point of a delay playing. I thought it was either my internet connection (too much bandwidth being used) or on their end, but it was neither. I think the new release is 4.2U for Ninendo Wii OS.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

eviltimes replied to David's discussion 'Currently watching' in the group Television
"Sad.  There is so little on TV these days."
2 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
4 hours ago
David replied to David's discussion 'Currently watching' in the group Television
"The Strain got better, but it's gone back to mediocre."
7 hours ago
David replied to Evil Herbivore's discussion 'And the 2014 Emmy goes to...' in the group Television
"I missed it, don't know what I was doing that night?  But good write-up.  Wasn't Seth Myers host?  I'm not a huge fan."
7 hours ago
David replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"My Left Foot--re-watch off TCM, and still a good movie about the Irish writer/artist's family life and cerebral palsy."
7 hours ago
David replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"T. Rex-Beard of Stars, really prefer their early folk psych daze before their glam rock period..."
7 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Yoko Kanno  - Terror In Resonance OST RIP Jimi Jamison"
9 hours ago
Profile IconDes and Banjojudy joined Netflix Movie Fans
10 hours ago
" "
23 hours ago
23 hours ago
yesterday
ocontraire replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
""52 Pick up" was one of my early vhs watches in '80's. I remember really enjoying this thriller w/ Scheider.   I remember it being very well done, and suspenseful. Don't know how it'd play almost 30 yrs. later.…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service