Netflix Movie Fans

All Discussions Tagged 'Hawkins' (5)

← Back to Music
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Herb Ellis (1921 - 2010)

Herb Ellis was a jazz legend, a king of the swing guitar. He played with three of the most popular jazz acts over the past fifty years: the…

Started by Scone

14 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by Scone

November 2011 - Future Music Release Highlighted - Rejoice and Shout

REJOICE & SHOUT covers 200 years of musical history of African-American Gospel music, including The Staple Singers, The Clara Ward Si…

Started by Scone

16 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by Ando

Hank Jones (1918 - 2010)

Jazz pianist and composer Hank Jones, whose 70-year career includes being named a National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Master in 1989, the…

Started by Scone

9 May 4, 2012
Reply by Scone

Dale Hawkins (1936 - 2010)

Rockabilly pioneer Dale Hawkins, the Rock and Roll Tornado, famously wrote and recorded the 1957 hit "Suzy Q," the first release by Chess R…

Started by Scone

10 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by Scone

Joyce “Dottie” Rambo (1934 - 2008), Walter Hawkins (1949 -2010) , Dana Key (1953 -2010), Jessy Dixon (1938 – 2011)

This discussion honors Gospel Musicians in memorium.   Joyce "Dottie" Rambo (born Joyce Reba Luttrell), an influential gospel singer and so…

Started by Scone

10 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by Scone

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Profile Iconthinktanktinker and Steffi joined Netflix Movie Fans
15 hours ago
eviltimes replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Elvis Costello - Less than Zero   Radio, Radio"
2 hours ago
eviltimes replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Price made a bunch of these and they are all hilarious."
2 hours ago
eviltimes replied to thinktanktinker's discussion 'I'm trying to find a movie not sure if it is foreign.' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"Richard Burton, too.  "The photos of you and the girl will be recycled for proletarian use.""
2 hours ago
Tom Arnold replied to thinktanktinker's discussion 'I'm trying to find a movie not sure if it is foreign.' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
3 hours ago
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"This scene is hilarious. Corman remarked that Price didn't know how to play the lute but that he played it very well. And the line that comes after the end of the clip is great: "Would you favor us with another?" "
8 hours ago
"One odd thing I noticed (and hoped Corman would discuss in his commentary) was the predominate use of the color red. Almost every candle, curtain, upholstered chair, etc. was red. When Price makes his first appearance he's wearing a red robe.…"
8 hours ago
"House of Usher (1960)2/5 StarsShot in 15 days on a budget of around $200,000 and it shows. This film is so bad it's funny. If this is one of Corman's best, as a couple reviewers stated on imdb, then I guess I won't need to waste…"
9 hours ago
Carl replied to thinktanktinker's discussion 'I'm trying to find a movie not sure if it is foreign.' in the group What's The Name of That Movie?
"I doubt this is the movie you're looking for -- Fahrenheit 451 (1966 UK). In this movie you have people walking about mumbling short sentences they are retaining from books that, in this society, books are illegal and subject to burning if…"
14 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
15 hours ago
thinktanktinker joined The Bumbles's group
Thumbnail

What's The Name of That Movie?

Can't remember the name of a movie you saw or wanted to see? Start a new Discussion Topic here with your description & we can try to help each other!See More
15 hours ago
Netflowers replied to spiderpig's discussion 'Pics or GTFO V4.0'
16 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service