Netflix Movie Fans

All Discussions Tagged 'Hawkins' (5)

← Back to Music
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dale Hawkins (1936 - 2010) + Rusty York (1935 - 2014)

Rockabilly pioneer Dale Hawkins, the Rock and Roll Tornado, famously wrote and recorded the 1957 hit "Suzy Q," the first release by Chess R…

Started by Scone

14 Jun 20, 2014
Reply by Scone

Herb Ellis (1921 - 2010)

Herb Ellis was a jazz legend, a king of the swing guitar. He played with three of the most popular jazz acts over the past fifty years: the…

Started by Scone

14 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by Scone

November 2011 - Future Music Release Highlighted - Rejoice and Shout

REJOICE & SHOUT covers 200 years of musical history of African-American Gospel music, including The Staple Singers, The Clara Ward Si…

Started by Scone

16 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by Ando

Hank Jones (1918 - 2010)

Jazz pianist and composer Hank Jones, whose 70-year career includes being named a National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Master in 1989, the…

Started by Scone

9 May 4, 2012
Reply by Scone

Joyce “Dottie” Rambo (1934 - 2008), Walter Hawkins (1949 -2010) , Dana Key (1953 -2010), Jessy Dixon (1938 – 2011)

This discussion honors Gospel Musicians in memorium.   Joyce "Dottie" Rambo (born Joyce Reba Luttrell), an influential gospel singer and so…

Started by Scone

10 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by Scone

RSS

Latest Activity

Ando left a comment for Susy
"Greetings. Anyone who likes Shakespeare is cool in general. Welcome! Do not hesitate to post nonsense. We're all resident kooks. - A"
1 hour ago
Susy joined Ando's group
Thumbnail

Shake & Stir

Even if you don't believe that he wrote all those plays let's talk about his best film adaptations and anything else William Shakespearean.See More
1 hour ago
Susy joined Ando's group
Thumbnail

Criterion Fun

For fans of The Criterion Collection. I'll occasionally post streaming titles available through Netflix, HuluPlus and/or (especially) YouTube channels (w/sub options for non-English language films). Chime in with whatever Criterion title (including…See More
2 hours ago
Susy left a comment for Kilrymont
"Blade Runner - hear hear!"
2 hours ago
eviltimes left a comment for Susy
"Greetings!  Anyone who likes Branagh's Hamlet is a friend of mine :)"
2 hours ago
Profile IconSusy and bethb joined Netflix Movie Fans
2 hours ago
Nerves replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 35.0'
"Knute Rockne All American (1940) Though I'm not a sports fan I enjoyed this quite a bit. It's a biopic on Knute Rockne (1888 - 1931) who emigrated to America at age 5 with his family from Norway. Growing up in Chicago…"
6 hours ago
MrSpork replied to MrSpork's discussion 'Hello Everyone on Netflix..'
"Dad is going to bankruptcy most likely. I hope that is the best decision that can be made,. I have no idea ??? "
11 hours ago
MrSpork left a comment for MrSpork
"Money will be worse than I thought with nursing home costs. If I don't come back,. it's been a blast. Here is a monkey riding a dog... ha Ha.. Ha! "
11 hours ago
MrSpork replied to MrSpork's discussion 'Hello Everyone on Netflix..'
"Money will be worse than I thought with nursing home costs. If I don't come back,. it's been a blast. Here is a monkey riding a dog... ha Ha.. Ha! "
11 hours ago
Ando replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Public Enemy - Night of the Living Baseheads"
12 hours ago
Ando replied to pterosaur's discussion 'The Listening Thread: Part NEIN!' in the group The Soundtracks to Our Lives
"Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away"
12 hours ago

© 2015   Created by eviltimes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service