Netflix Movie Fans

I saw this movie 12-14 years ago and it has always stuck. I remember this nerdy guy that saves this gorgeous brunette from being raped by her boyfriend. The two then start going out in a awkward romance which turns really weird. There is one scene in particular which I remember where the guys face falls in a bowl of something, probably soup. There isn't anything else I know about it and I've goggled it crazy but can't come up with anything. Please I know someone other then me has had to have seen this flick so I'm hoping someone here can help.

P.S It's isn't Back to the Future Thanks

Views: 221

Replies to This Discussion

It could be Untamed Heart (1993), where a shy nerdy guy (Christian Slater) rescues a beautiful brunette (Marisa Tomei) from a would-be rapist / attacker ... and the two then subsequently form an awkward relationship.

Hey thanks for the reply but even tho they sound very similar I've seen untamed heart and it's not it. The one I'm describing  would be from that part of the decade tho from what I can remember. Thanks just the same for the suggestion :D

bump

Another possibility is the 1998 flick "I Want You."  This also has characteristics of a very weird relationship, a would-be rapist, and a gorgeous brunette (Helen, played by Rachel Weisz) who is stalked by her former boyfriend (Martin, who is obsessed with her); Helen's current boyfriend Bob (the local DJ), also loves Helen.  There's also a shy, mute boy (Honda) that falls in love with Helen while taping her phone conversations.  Honda's sister is a nymphomaniac nightclub singer who likes to sleep around, and who is interested in Martin.

This is an experimental, surrealistic psychological thriller with quirky characters, lots of twists and turns, and lots of unanswered questions.

Thanks a lot but it isn't that one though it sounds interesting so I might see it. This movie has a nerdy dude who saves the gorgeous brunette from the boyfriend and they start going out or at least become very close. I can't remember any more characters unfortunately. Thanks for the attempt

Ah crap.  I thought I solved it for you.

In any case, I Want You is a pretty good movie if you enjoy characters with significant psychological baggage, or if you're into strange and dysfunctional relationships.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

DorisCTaylor left a comment for DorisCTaylor
8 minutes ago
18 minutes ago
19 minutes ago
45 minutes ago
47 minutes ago
48 minutes ago
50 minutes ago
51 minutes ago
Profile IconDorisCTaylor and bodsgodl@yahoo.com joined Netflix Movie Fans
54 minutes ago
Ando replied to Ando's discussion 'Great Shots. Post 'em!' in the group The Fan
"Errrr… I think he’s safe. Brett Lawrie is late with the tag on Asdrubal Cabrera at 3rd base."
2 hours ago
Ando commented on Ando's group 'Shake & Stir'
" The big 450 for William, born today in 1564."
2 hours ago
David replied to The Professor's discussion 'What did you watch today? v 34.0'
"Watched the finale of FaceOff SyFy channel, still enjoy watching it. Also caught the FX Channel's Fargo, enjoyed that too. "
8 hours ago

© 2014   Created by droidmaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service